Car insurance- any suggestions? Acceptance of modifications needed.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car insurance- any suggestions? Acceptance of modifications needed.

My insurance is currently with Admiral as they accept mods (Turbo back exhaust adds11BHP, and cost of exhaust over £1k)

Most don't accept modified cars, and only want standard (And need to specify alternative Alloy wheels too)

The renewal is 13th September, and wanted to visit any stands at TRAX that do insurance (Do they have stands for insurance at TRAX)

So suggestions for where the best for modified cars and Insurance please?
    Last edited by Chris_Red; 21-08-2013, 15:55. Reason: ins date correction
    Pedal to the metal

Adrian Flux will be there as they are an Official Partner, not sure if there will be any others.

I left Admiral after insuring my Racing with them the 1st year because at renewal time they had introduced a £25 excess on windscreen chip repairs. Have been with Esure since, although my car is standard so have no idea if they would be any good for you Chris. I've used them before and found them very good when my MR2 Roadster was reversed into 10 years ago, they handled the claim very well and were very quick to refund my excess payment after recovering it from the other party.
    DS3 Racing, also available in White

Comment

I've just insured my car with Adrian flux, really good price, beat other quotes by £80+ and only £100 more than my renewal price when my car was standard. They insure all mods, and if anything bad happens they replace mods like for like. I also took out the breakdown cover as many companies don't cover cars with mods and it also covers Europe too
      1.6 THP150 Black with Blue Matte Metallic Roof, Spoiler, Mirrors and Baguettes. Forge Engine Modifications. Full Milltek Sports Exhaust and High Flow Cat.

Comment

Also Chris have u had a decat?
        1.6 THP150 Black with Blue Matte Metallic Roof, Spoiler, Mirrors and Baguettes. Forge Engine Modifications. Full Milltek Sports Exhaust and High Flow Cat.

Comment

Must try Flux then. Maybe esure too. No- no decat. Jamie fitted the 200cpsi cat converter- gains between 8-9 BHP the Cat only. MOT Compliant.
          Freer flowing emissions, and less backpressure on turbo
          other 2 bhp comes from the bigger bore exhaust
          Pedal to the metal

Comment

Ah right, I wondered for a minute that u had got a decat. Didn't get a milltek high flow cat then :-)
            Last edited by Clairt83; 21-08-2013, 21:09.

Comment

Yes. That's what it is. Hi Flow (Sport) cat, milltek put on by James, remainder Bastuck exhaust, put on by James, but taken off my other 150 by James
              Think he's seen enough of my exhaust LOL

Race Cat (100cpsi) isn't MOT compliant- just for racetrack
              Pedal to the metal

Comment

Same as mine then :-) you should just go and get yourself the milltek back box instead, you'll love it :-)

Comment

LOL Prefer the sound of the Bastuck actually- just a little bit meatier
                  Went out in Jamies for a very fast blast
                  Have to do that sound off at TRAX. Have an app that's a decibel meter- we should do it on both- say 4000 revs
                  Maybe get a Racing roped in too
                  And anyone else that wants too
                  Pedal to the metal

Comment

Chris this is from TRAX track session rules:

"The maximum sound level for your vehicle is 102dB, measured on drive by meters around the circuit or on a static test at 4500rpm half a metre from your exhaust outlet"

So make sure you bring a tape measure, then we can do a proper static test
                    DS3 Racing, also available in White

Comment

Hopefully wont get near the Course limit- I may have done without mid resonator/ centre silencer a few month back

Will bring a measure LOL

Comment- do all helmets make you look a bit "Not right"
                      Pedal to the metal

Comment

Flux have always been double my renewal price lol I'm with Admiral now but Elephant the past 2 years. They're the same company but Admiral beat my renewal price by £100 lol

Comment

Ive got my existing (Admiral) £50 cheaper than the next closest Elephant at the mo
                          Will try Flux
                          Pedal to the metal

Comment

Working...
                          X