Best place to get an AUX cable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best place to get an AUX cable?

So a few weeks ago, listening to my iPhone via the AUX cable connection (as no hi-fi pack unfortunately) the sound suddenly went very tinny and underwater sounding.
    Tried numerous cables and music outlets but still no change. Anyway the car went to Citroen yesterday where the psychic salesman (not even guy from the workshop) blamed my "lesser quality" cables straight away. Yet they're not like cheap crap off ebay... He finally asked for the keys, car went into the workshop and he came back saying his cable worked. He didn't prove to me it did or anything. Tried showing me a difference in size of the aux cables - the only difference was his was silver and mine gold lol, saying the fit was tight for his cable yet mine was loose. Well... anyone know where I can get a "better quality" cable from that works? as he didn't know about his one.
    thank youuuuuu

i've personally never used a AUX in the DS3 but I have in my C1 and no matter which cable how cheap still sounded the same
    DS3 Racing Cabrio
    DS5 Prestige

@T0RRES92 on IG

Comment

Gold should have been better but I've got two neither of which I can put my hands on but there was no diff between the £15 and the £1 one from poundland except the dearer one had way too much cable.
      Drive the Car not a Keyboard

Comment

Most likely what has happened with your cable Jo is that the wire inside may have broken, when the cable is moved and bent around quite a bit this sort of thing tends to happen.

Just pop into a Currys/Asda/Tesco and pick up a cable for a couple of quid and you should be set.

Comment

I bought 4 cables now - cheap asda ones through to expensive maplins ones and none work. The garage left the main aux bit all loose, I went to open the cover to try a new cable and the whole unit popped out lol. (Can't post a pic as no laptop atm) So I played about a bit whilst it was all out. It works if I push the bottom cables up & tilt them a bit & also till the aux cable, so it's the actual connection bit and not the cables. I'm gonna go to a different place that won't be so condescending lol.

Comment

Originally posted by DS3_JO View Post
            I bought 4 cables now - cheap asda ones through to expensive maplins ones and none work. The garage left the main aux bit all loose, I went to open the cover to try a new cable and the whole unit popped out lol. (Can't post a pic as no laptop atm) So I played about a bit whilst it was all out. It works if I push the bottom cables up & tilt them a bit & also till the aux cable, so it's the actual connection bit and not the cables. I'm gonna go to a different place that won't be so condescending lol.

Does sound like the socket is the problem Jo.

I believe the CD player is capable of playing mp3 files from disc, so you could always burn a few mp3 discs when you get your laptop back.
            DS3 Racing, also available in White

Comment

Definitely sounds like the socket is at fault if you can pull it up like that! Take a drive up to my work, we're really nice here

Comment

Oh yeah Big won't take long at all! ;D Wish I could, actually believe you would be helpful. Gonna try another dealer nearby and see what they say.

Comment

any luck on this Jo?
                  DS3 Racing Cabrio
                  DS5 Prestige

@T0RRES92 on IG

Comment

No going to find another citroen to visit and get some help there.

Comment

Updateeeeeee
                      So I went to another Citroen... Instantly more helpful! She's in on Tuesday for the day having her aux unit sorted. Hopefully Tuesday evening it will be Helloooooo music

Comment

Working...
                      X