My DS3 Subwoofer Boot Built

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My DS3 Subwoofer Boot Built

So after owning a subwoofer for a while and seeing some clean setups at shows I thought I would give it a go!

The Gear

Testing The Space In The Boot

So to make the wooden floor I just traced around the floor in the boot and cut it out, I had to sand down various placed as it was a very tight fit. But it ended up looking like this

Next was to mark out where it was all going and router the hole for the sub

Once the hole was cut I set about sorting the wiring out and trial fitting the sub and amp. The blue glow on the picture is the blue boot LED's I have.

My Line To RCA Converter

Wired up

The amp pictured above decided to brake on me so had it swapped for the one below

Some pics of the almost finished setup so far

Then for everyday use (Temporary Setup)

So, What Do You Think?

Looks good, will have to take a look & have a listen at Goodwood.
    DS3 Racing, also available in White

Comment

Like it, like the way you can hide it and still have full boot space. Must get mine sorted...

Comment

Originally posted by Gaz View Post
        Like it, like the way you can hide it and still have full boot space. Must get mine sorted...
        I have changed my setup since then, check out my built thread for the latest build the only downside I find with this setup is you can't get a big bass sound as you can't get a big enough box in the wheel well. But it sounds much better than the stock system and you keep your boot space

Comment

• bigie-g
          bigie-g commented
          Editing a comment
          do u find its the wire converter that makes it less bassy in the car

How did you get the wires through the firewall onto the battery mate

Comment

Working...
        X