Speaker Upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaker Upgrade

Decided to upgrade all the speakers (front and rear) from the Vibes to JL Audio C2-650x speakers and also dynamat all the panels.

FRONT:

Dynamat on front door panel

Speaker mounted onto the dynamat

REAR:

Lined rear panel

Lined where speaker sits so the speaker is not directly on metal

Finished result

All the speakers are 6.5 inch diameter..the speaker depth is 61.9mm and this is just about the maximum depth u can fit in the rear without using spacing rings.

The quality and difference in sound the JL's are amazing, cannot believe how much better they sound compared to the vibes.

Bring your ear plugs as it will be on loud at incarnation 😜

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1.6 THP150 Black with Blue Matte Metallic Roof, Spoiler, Mirrors and Baguettes. Forge Engine Modifications. Full Milltek Sports Exhaust and High Flow Cat.

Looks good! I see you didn't seal up the front doors but did for the rear speakers. any reason for this?
    Do you notice much difference from the deadening?

Comment

Originally posted by CPDS3
      Looks good! I see you didn't seal up the front doors but did for the rear speakers. any reason for this?
      Do you notice much difference from the deadening?
      All steal panels on the front doors are sealed with dynamat, just you cant see it in the pic as its covered by the polystyrene, if you remove that you then get to the door panel itself and thats the bit that is lined with the dynamat. It definitely makes a difference and its a must do if you want your audio to be as good as it can be.

1.6 THP150 Black with Blue Matte Metallic Roof, Spoiler, Mirrors and Baguettes. Forge Engine Modifications. Full Milltek Sports Exhaust and High Flow Cat.

Comment

Originally posted by Clairt83

All steal panels on the front doors are sealed with dynamat, just you cant see it in the pic as its covered by the polystyrene, if you remove that you then get to the door panel itself and thats the bit that is lined with the dynamat. It definitely makes a difference and its a must do if you want your audio to be as good as it can be.

Thanks, I think I'll give it a shot when I put mine in.

So did you appl inside/ outside shells and cover the holes with dynamat and put the poly back over the top, or did you just apply to all the panels and not cover the inner shell holes up?
        Last edited by CPDS3; 07-04-2015, 09:00.

Comment

Just did the outside panels and around where the speaker sits...we left the poly on as it is :-)

Comment

i had all my panels done with dynamat and i still have terrible panel rattle, still don't know what else to do, can't use my speakers to their full potential. when you going to be in leicestershire? would love to have a look at your ds3 and see if you would be able to help me out with my problem

Comment

Im in Hinkley this Saturday...going to SP Tuning for Rolling Road day, you free to come? Starts from 9.30.

Last edited by Clairt83; 08-04-2015, 07:38.

Comment

Working...
              X