the full report george orwell essays research papers ieee school discovery education homework help coursework writting services dissertation help service the nature of translation

Rear Speaker Upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Speaker Upgrade

Thought it best to upgrade the rear speakers to match the fronts.... went for Vibe Black Air 5" as they were a bargain off someone who was selling all their stuff... as they are 5" they are slightly smaller then the stock speakers which are 6" but not a problem as you can get a converter ring as shown below.

First was popping of the plastic panel...just held on with clips, quite easy to pull off..some of our clips broke but they are cheap enough to replace.

IMG_1899 by clair.piper.1, on Flickr

Next was drilling out the rivets around the grey trim to remove the stock speakers

IMG_1900 by clair.piper.1, on Flickr

Then you are left with this

IMG_1901 by clair.piper.1, on Flickr

These are the converter rings i mentioned earlier....lets you fit smaller speakers.. they were about £4 off ebay..bargain

IMG_1902 by clair.piper.1, on Flickr

Fit in place using either self tapping screws or nut and bolt as shown

IMG_1904 by clair.piper.1, on Flickr

Cut the plastic block off the stock speakers and rewire using crimps....the wires are numbered 1 and 2...1 is positive (Green) and 2 is negative (Purple)

IMG_1907 by clair.piper.1, on Flickr

Using self tapping screws, fit new speakers in place

IMG_1905 by clair.piper.1, on Flickr

Much better :-)

Sound really clear compared to stock...they are 110 RMS each so quite an upgrade
    Last edited by Clairt83; 04-04-2015, 11:55.
    1.6 THP150 Black with Blue Matte Metallic Roof, Spoiler, Mirrors and Baguettes. Forge Engine Modifications. Full Milltek Sports Exhaust and High Flow Cat.

Nice little guide

Comment

Your welcome I can't wait to hear them on Sunday
      Twitter & Instagram: @Jagster93 go follow

Comment

where can i get the speaker ring converters from as cant find them on ebay

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Darren_willmott
          where can i get the speaker ring converters from as cant find them on ebay

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
          https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/2-X-6-5-165...d=181954851690

The link above is similar to what i used but u only need them if u are fitting smaller speakers than the OEM ones if u bought the same size its just a straight forward swap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          1.6 THP150 Black with Blue Matte Metallic Roof, Spoiler, Mirrors and Baguettes. Forge Engine Modifications. Full Milltek Sports Exhaust and High Flow Cat.

Comment

Hi Darren...i just drilled mine out and re drilled new ones ????

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
            X