DS3 Battery Replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS3 Battery Replacement

As some of you already know I wasn't at FCS this year. There were 2 reasons for that: 1. I was working Friday & Saturday night shift, although I had my ticket and a contingency plan that involved lots of Red Bull and catching a couple of hours kip in my car at the show, but what stopped me going was 2. A flat battery. I went to check and sort the car out on Friday and found the battery was flat, I tried charging it,but it wouldn't hold a charge, so time for a new battery.

The Racings battery

Lift up the plastic cover and then lift the tab circled in Red to loosen the clamp on the Positive terminal.

Undo the 13mm nut circled in Red and remove the cable from the terminal.

Lift where indicated by the Red circles and then slide away from you until the plate disengages at the Green circled positions.

Then lift the plate away from the top of the battery cover and position it out of the way.

Remove the ECU cover by pulling the clips circled in Red back and then lifting up.

This exposes the ECU.

Lift the ECU up, you may need to wiggle it a bit as you lift and then position it out of the way.

Lift the battery cover off, again you may have to wiggle it a bit to get it clear of the brake reservoir.

The battery.

Undo the 10mm nut circled Red and then lift the clamp off the Negative post.

Undo the 10mm bolt circled Red and then remove the clamp plate circled Green.

Now remove the battery.

Refitting should be the reverse of this, but if I come across any problems when I fit my new battery I'll update this post
    DS3 Racing, also available in White

Happy New Year to you John. U still have a Racing?

John- do you know if this is same routine for the EDHI 110 Dsport?
    Pedal to the metal

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Red View Post
      Happy New Year to you John. U still have a Racing?

John- do you know if this is same routine for the EDHI 110 Dsport?
      Happy New Year to you Chris.

The Racing went when I got the Performance Cabrio, couldn't justify having 2 cars with the low mileage that I do.

Don't know about the battery on the EDHI 110 Dsport as I've never had a good look under the bonnet of that particular model, perhaps ds3adi may be able to help.

Hope to see you at some shows this year as we plan to attend more this year than we managed last year, as always info will be posted here when we've made the plans.

Comment

great write up Jon.

edhi 110 stop start is same process to remove

now I just have the reeeeaallly painful part of going to buy a replacement stop/start battery- 3 figures+ I reckon
        Pedal to the metal

Comment

Well, new battery for my edhi 110 now fitted, this thread very helpful. 70AH and 760cold crank current. 096 size.

It took a day or 2 before the stop/start initialised, i think thats due to being charged up by alternator

Pedal to the metal

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Red View Post
            Well, new battery for my edhi 110 now fitted, this thread very helpful. 70AH and 760cold crank current. 096 size.

It took a day or 2 before the stop/start initialised, i think thats due to being charged up by alternator
            Hi Chris.

Glad you found it useful

Comment

Working...
            X