DS3 Blue Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS3 Blue Edition

Had the DS3 since June 2011 and its stayed pretty much standard until February this year when I thought its about time I got this beast modded.

Started off all black 1.6thp 150

Clean Ds3 by Jordan Gascoigne, on Flickr

Black on Black by Jordan Gascoigne, on Flickr

First thing that i did was get a a wrap done and decided on a blue matte metallic, also had the lights tinted, looks a bit evil now

Untitled by clair.piper.1, on Flickr

New Bulbs by Jordan Gascoigne, on Flickr

Evil Front by Jordan Gascoigne, on Flickr

Simply French Meet by Jordan Gascoigne, on Flickr

Roof, spoiler and door baguettes

Matte Metallic Blue by Jordan Gascoigne, on Flickr

Wrapped Sides by Jordan Gascoigne, on Flickr

Then decided to get a new splitter as the one that comes with it just dont suit the car so got the universal one for a seat leon cupra r (Steve fitting it and swearing)

IMG_0175 by clair.piper.1, on Flickr

IMG_0176 by clair.piper.1, on Flickr

Next on the list was the engine mods. Decided to go all hog and get Forge stuff - catch can, BOV, induction kit, hard pipe kit and boost hoses in blue plus a few blue led's. Finished result

CUK Brighton 2013 by Jordan Gascoigne, on Flickr

CUK Brighton 2013 by Jordan Gascoigne, on Flickr

DS3 Forge by Jordan Gascoigne, on Flickr

​
    The next mod was the exhaust and went for a full Milltek system with high flow cat non resonated with back box

IMG_0224 by clair.piper.1, on Flickr

IMG_0219 by clair.piper.1, on Flickr

A couple of videos of the Milltek

With the engine mods and milltek its now running around 172bhp but will hopefully be getting it on the rollers soon to confirm the figures.

Decided to have a boot build and upgrade the speakers, so Steve set to a couple of weeks ago and built me this..

DS3GBOC by Jordan Gascoigne, on Flickr

DS3GBOC by Jordan Gascoigne, on Flickr

Boot Build by clair.piper.1, on Flickr

Next on the list of mods after that will be:
    Forge intercooler and stage 2 remap
    18 inch alloys (when i can finally find some that will look decent)
    Fully adjustable coilovers
    Last edited by Clairt83; 15-07-2013, 20:28.
    1.6 THP150 Black with Blue Matte Metallic Roof, Spoiler, Mirrors and Baguettes. Forge Engine Modifications. Full Milltek Sports Exhaust and High Flow Cat.

Looking nice, love the colour contrast which works really well

Comment

Thank you Clair for the introduction to your little beauty
      MSA/BMMC Marshal

Comment

UPDATE
        Decided to lower the car using Spax RSX 120 coilovers. Waited over 5 months for Bilstein to make some for the Dsport as the ones they make for the DS3 at the moment are for the Dstyl
        es that have a 47mm strut diameter rather than the 51mm diameter the Dsports have.
        So Steve set to work changing the suspension. Basically to cut a long story short, it was a pain, he recommends working overtime at work and paying someone to do it to save you the hassle, but if you do attempt it, its worth the effort for the results. Its lowered 50mm at the front and 40-45mm at the back. Once lowered we spaced the wheels 15mm at the front and 20mm at the rear. This is the result....

FCS 2013 by Jordan Gascoigne, on Flickr

Last edited by Clairt83; 29-07-2013, 23:02.
        1.6 THP150 Black with Blue Matte Metallic Roof, Spoiler, Mirrors and Baguettes. Forge Engine Modifications. Full Milltek Sports Exhaust and High Flow Cat.

Comment

oh I really want your DS3! Those colours just hmmmm <3
          Didn't realise you'd done so much! it's just stunning.

Comment

Thanks Jo, we have done quite a bit recently and there's still more to come :-)

Comment

It all looks really good Clair- credit to you
              Kissed goodbye to the warranty a long time ago then

Whats next- you thinking upgrading the turbo? Have you had it remapped?
              Pedal to the metal

Comment

Thanks Chris, haha yeah waved goodbye to the warranty in March this year but the car was nearly two years old by then anyway so thought its about time to mod it. If my THP ever goes pop, i have big plans for the car but that is if it goes pop lol next mod will be intercooler and remap

Comment

Is it easy to explain how you get the front grill off Clair?
                  Pedal to the metal

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Red View Post
                    Is it easy to explain how you get the front grill off Clair?
                    yeah, you mean the little chevron grille bit? just pull and it comes off

Comment

• Jagster93
                      Jagster93 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Literally just pull haha! I was quite surprised how easy they were to come off I tested Clair's blue one on mine :P did not go with white lmao!

• Clairt83
                      Clairt83 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I think if you had rest of the chrome, blue, it would look good jag, be my cars opposite again :-)

Have you thought of that Water Meth injection rather than intercooler
                    Can get you up to 15BHP increase, and keeps parts carbon free.

But its pretty new- cools the engine and cleans as it does. Probably better than Intercooler
                    When I get to that stage, may well go for WMI. Jamie suggested it

Thanks for the tip on the grill- thinking of just black plastidipping it as a temp measure, before carbon roof and grill wrap at end of summer
                    Pedal to the metal

Comment

I'll look into wmi as I'm not doing any more mods this year so it will have been out a while by then :-) you going for black carbon wrap?

Comment

Probably get BLACK carbon fibre wrap on roof, front grill, not sure bout baguettes and wing mirrors yet
                        Octoberish
                        Still thinking about maybe another colour not BLACK.................so what goes with RED

Plastidip the front grill only (Maybe front and rear badges) for couple months just to see what it looks like really- will just rip off the chrome grill then LOL
                        Might even plastidip the roof, then peel off the chrome roof decal and see what it looks like. Matt and shiny black

All the ideas, not certain what to do

Sometimes wish I had kept my THP 150 as it would be just over 2 yrs old and would be performance modding like hell- probably Forge Intercooler and pulling 210 BHP by now
                        Was just on 200 when I part exed it

Gonna keep warranty on this one for a bit yet- see how things pan out
                        Pedal to the metal

Comment

• Clairt83
                          Clairt83 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I'm not sure what other colour would go with red apart from black tbh

Not thought about going the 'whole hog' and wrap the remaining chrome items to match?

Comment

• Clairt83
                          Clairt83 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Jag did a photoshop for me and did all the chrome blue......it was OTT, so just sticking with what i have had done, plus the bit of chrome matches under the bonnet too :-)

You know I love that car. Should be choosing my new one by the end of the week. Will it be a Cabrio?
                        Drive the Car not a Keyboard

Comment

• Clairt83
                          Clairt83 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Think it should be a cabrio.....you know you want one :-)

• Jagster93
                          Jagster93 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          But just make sure you get a trailer for all the club stuff

• Bensds3
                          Bensds3 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          You can have my trailer if you like (not for free though I still owe on it).
                      Working...
                      X